So, you want to transfer money from Ireland to the UK! It could be transferring money from Ireland to UK for business, or you could be transferring money to a friend or family member, and yes, we can understand why you have clicked on this article.
Whenever something comes to money or a financial matter, you cannot help but worry! Especially when we are talking about money transfers from Ireland to the UK or vice versa, because many things changed after Brexit.
Yes, one needs to have an account in both countries. The one you are in, and one you need to transfer money to; or else it is kind of impossible to transfer money. This is one of the reasons why we have compiled all the important details which you need to keep in mind when it comes to transferring money from Ireland to the UK.
Read this, and take the necessary notes, and you are good to go! When it comes to transferring money safely, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind. Yes, the process is pretty simple, so you do not have to worry, but you have to organize the steps a little.
What Are The Transfer Charges?
When it comes to transferring money from Ireland and the UK, here are some of the things which you need to look into. Some banks might not charge any extra fees, while others might try to charge some exchange rate of fewer than 3000 euros.
If you demand a one-day exchange, then you have to pay an extra 25 euros along with the money you are transferring.
Ways To Transfer Money From Ireland To UK
There are generally five ways in which you can transfer money from Ireland to the UK. These are also some of the cheapest ways.
These are your
- Bank transfer
- Peer To Peer
- Tech-Based Companies
- Tech Companies
- Money transfer specialist
Like everything, there are a few pros and cons to it. Firstly, with a bank transfer, you do not have to register anywhere and give your confidential information. You can simply transfer with the help of your bank account.
Second, there is no limit to what is the amount which you can transfer. However, banks have really high charges. Now, coming to the money transfer specialist or other money transfer application.
Yes, you have to register first, and this is the biggest con because you are giving your bank details to others.
Yes, you should always look into it and ensure that the application or the source is credible. A high amount of research is required in this process.
On the other hand, the benefits are that
- You can transfer money immediately
- Low Rates
- Large transfers are also quick
How To Transfer Money From Ireland To UK Through Bank?
Here is the process of transferring money from Ireland to the UK with the help of a bank.
- First, you need to have a bank account for this money transfer.
- Second, whenever you are transferring money internationally, there has to be an identity check. This is to ensure that the money transfer is not for some illegal purpose. Do not worry; the bank on the other end will also do that check when the person comes to collect the money. You will also need to give your passport number and address.
- Third, there is a certain exchange rate that is attached to every money exchange. This is mostly based on the amount that is being exchanged. Once the exchange fee is fulfilled, you will receive a mail with all the confirmation. Do not worry; there isn’t any exchange that could be carried on without your authority.
- Fourth, once the exchange fees are settled and all, you need to send your euros in order to confirm the exchange. The email you get will also have the bank details for the place where you will be sending your money and from where the other person has to collect it.
- Fifth, now your euros can be smoothly converted and sent to the UK.
How To Transfer Money From Ireland To UK Via Money Transfer Specialist?
Transferring money through money transfer specialists is quite easy. They are just like banks, and they will be able to transfer money at a much lower cost. The setting is much less formal than in banks.
However, you will have to register with them at first, and there are some registration fees involved. The exchange rate is generally hidden in the registration fee. The only risk involved is that if you do not choose it right, then your confidential details are in the wrong hands.
How To Transfer Money Through Peer-to-Peer?
These are growing in popularity a lot since Cryptocurrency and crypto-friendly banks have made it popular by making it their sole method of exchanging digital currency. This is where you do not have a middle man since most of these domains are decentralized.
They work with either Blockchain technology or simply through connected computers, basically, just like the internet. The risk is that if it is not Blockchain, then the risk of cybercrime might increase.
How To Transfer Money Through Tech?
This is one of the simplest ways to transfer your money. All you have to do is register your account in an application like Venmo or Paypal, or Google Pay, and then transfer money accordingly.
If the transfer is international, they might or might not charge an extra exchange fee. Money transfer is much quicker with these tech applications. Otherwise, it takes more than three days for the money transaction to complete.
Transferring Money Safely!
If you are trying to transfer money safely, you should be aware of all the different ways in which you can. Yes, for any layman bank would be the safest form. However, you also have to see to it that banks will charge an extra fee solely for exchange.
There are certainly other methods through which you can transfer this money without the exchange rate. When you are exchanging, it is better that you find the cheapest and safest way possible.