Table of Contents
What is SEO?
SEO is not a single process, it is classified into three types, On-Page SEO, Off-Page SEO and Traditional SEO. In this article, we will discuss what is SEO, their types, and how SEO benefits your business.
Types of SEO
- On-Page SEO
- Off-Page SEO
- Traditional SEO
- Keyword research
- Meta Data
- Image optimization
- Link building
Title – Title is the first impression for any of the blogs or stories, it must be unique. The keyword research should be done to select the perfect title and note that the title should not exceed 60 characters.
URL – URL is one of the important elements in on-page SEO, it should cover the targeted keyword and the words in the title. It should be short as much as possible.
Keyword Research – Keyword is the most important element for any of the SEO practices. As an SEO, you should search for the specified keyword, and choose according to the search volume, difficulty, and reach. You can make use of the online Keyword Research Tools like Ahrefs, Semrush, and Google Keyword Planner to select the appropriate keyword.
Meta Data – Meta data is the short description, or you can call it as an objective of any of the blogs or websites. Here meta title and meta description are optimized. The meta title should not exceed 60 characters, and the meta description should not exceed 160 characters.
In the metadata area, you should represent the Focus Keyphrase which acts as the targeted keyword for the whole blog or website.
Image Optimization – Images are the elements, that can attract audiences. So, images should be selected properly, and it should be optimized. Do not download the images, always crop the images, and compress as much as possible. The compressed image can reduce the loading time, and the Alt Text should be given for every image.
Note that, the keyword must be included in any one of the image alt texts which is the primary ranking factor.
Link Building – Link building is the strategy and an important SEO ranking factor. The links should not be stuffed more, and it should not be minimum. Links are classified into two types Internal and External Links.
- Internal Links – Internal links are the links that are given from the own website. It can be from the sub-page or homepage, and you should select the appropriate anchor text.
- External Links – External links are given from outside of the website, i.e., providing a link from a highly authorized website like Wikipedia.
Traditional or Technical SEO
- Site Speed
- Mobile Friendliness
- Site Architecture
- Structured Data
By optimizing the above factors, search engines can crawl your site or pages faster and indexed quickly.
Benefits of SEO
- SEO can build a user-friendly and trustworthy website that the user can experience a professional feel.
- The ultimate aim of SEO is to satisfy the customer and user expectations.
- SEO helps to improve your brand awareness, where users will trust only the highly authorized brands.
- SEO helps to track your website growth, and all the information on the website like visitors, ranking, factors to be improved etc.,
- SEO will cost low, as you can attain more profit when businesses use SEO for their websites.
- Digital marketing is the future for any of the online business, and SEO plays a main role in digital marketing strategies.
- It helps to rank your page higher and reduce website traffic, which results in fast crawling and indexing.